What you'll need
You can choose any yarn you like to crochet this round motif. Just to give you an idea of the size, with dmc embroidery thread and 2 mm crochet hook, the motif is going to be about 8 cm (about 3 inches) in diameter.
You will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
Make a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 1, 10 sc in the ring, pull the thread end to tighten the ring and join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 3: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch-1 sp), (dc in next sc, ch 1) around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch4.
- Round 4: Ch 1, sc in same sitch, ch 3, skip next ch-1 sp, next dc and next ch-1 sp, (sc in next dc, ch 3, skip next ch-1 sp, next dc and next ch-1 sp) around, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same stitch, 3 sc in ch-3 sp, (sc in next sc, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp) around, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 6: Ch 1, sc in same stitch, ch 5, skip next 3 stitches, (sc in next sc, ch 5, skip next 3 stitches) around, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 7: Sl st in ch-5 sp, ch 1, in each ch-5 sp around work (sc, hdc, 2 dc, tr, ch 3, sl st in top of tr, tr, 2 dc, hdc, sc), join with sl st in first sc.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
|hdc||half double crochet|
|sl st||slip stitch|
|( )||work instructions the number of times specified or work instructions in the stitch or space indicated or contains explanatory remarks|
You can use it to make as many motifs as you like for yourself or as gifts for friends, but please don't make any for sale. Please feel free to borrow photos if you want to blog about this project, but remember to credit me and link back to the original source. Do not reproduce my entire tutorial on your site. Thanks!